MACNA 2019 Kid’s Cove
Spend the weekend exploring Kid’s Cove with your children and share your love of marine aquarium with future hobbyists!
We are diving deep, partnering with top-notch educators to bring a fun and engaging program for children to MACNA.
The Kid’s Cove will feature:
- Multiple touch tanks filled with marine animals for captivating and educating young minds.
- Interactive science experiments throughout the weekend.
- Engaging educational games illustrating conservation, and the effect of plastics on marine environments.
- Arts and crafts, fun games, professional entertainers, scavenger hunts, and more!
Remember, all kids 17 and under get into MACNA 2019 for free!
The MACNA 2019 Kid’s Cove will be hosting an Aquascaping contest!
- Saturday, August 31st, 11am, MACNA 2019 Kid’s Cove.
- Kids 7-12 will have 1 hour to aquascape a 10 gallon Planet Aquarium tank with Real Reef Rocks!
- Judging will take place from 12pm – 2pm
- Winners will be announced at 2pm.
- Awards will be given for top tanks.
- Participants get to take home the 10 gallon tanks and the rocks they use.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Limited spaces available. Adults can register children here.
Kid’s Cove Staff
The MACNA 2019 Kid’s Cove will be staffed by marine educators from The Reef Institute!
The Reef Institute is a non-profit founded in 2016, located in West Palm Beach, Florida, who is on a mission for coral conservation through education, research and restoration. The Reef Institute or, “TRI” exists to teach, research and innovate in ways to save our coral reefs. Since we firmly believe in educating others to move from being aware of the world beneath the waves on of our main goals lies in education. We work with over 4,000 students a month in schools from around Florida. We love to help students get excited about marine life and at the same time teach them how to grow into great care takers of the sea.